Is Mould Really Bad for your Health?

There has been an influx of recent information regarding mould. Catching it can sometimes be unavoidable. Mould arrives in the bathroom, in the kitchen or on the window sill. No one wants to have to live with the black sludge that release spores into the atmosphere. That old, musty smell is definitely unpleasant, but is it potentially harmful?

Some websites claim that certain strains of mould are extremely hazardous to humans and will harm you or make you ill. Black toxic mould is claimed to be the worst offender on the list, and just loves to spread in the warm damp that can be found in your bathroom.

It is said that mould can cause a variety of illnesses such as depression, asthma and other respiratory problems, headaches, rashes and nausea, to name a few. In fact, one couple even claimed that their mould problems caused yeast infections and arthritis. Whether mould is directly responsible for those conditions is debateable, but there is certainly enough cases out there to advise a cautionary tale. 

Mycotoxins are the spores that spread across the room, as soon as that first speck of mould is found, and they will travel anywhere in your house. These spores that inhabit the airspace around the mould are thick with invisible yet potent bacteria that can cause lung infections in people with a weakened immune system. For those that are extra sensitive to the mould, or have an allergic reaction, it can be even worse. There are claims that it can even cause death.

Once your house is infected with mould, it can spread to your clothes, shoes, pets and even end up all over your body. More than 100,000 different types of mould exist. It is therefore imperative that you take out the best protection available in order to make sure that you are safe from mould’s ill effects. It is essential to clean everywhere in your house with the best mould remover there is.

The American Centre for Disease Control (CDC), says that those with serious diseases like cancer and aids, could be at a much greater risk for issues with mould. If you live with someone that has a debilitating illness, mould proofing the house becomes a crucial step so that they are not affected more by the spores, and then by problems related to mould inhalation.

Remember, there is no known cure for mould poisoning. No antidote will treat it, the only way to fight back is to completely remove the mould from the situation. The longer you leave it, the worse the mould will get. It spreads, and quickly. It is vital that you take control of the situation before your house looks like this.

Despite all the controversy, there is little evidence to prove for definite that the problem with Mycotoxins is bad for all humans. If you are healthy, with no significant breathing or immune problems, then it should be relatively harmless to you. 

It is not pleasant to be breathing in mould all the time, and it certainly looks grim. Best to get rid. A purchase of the Shower Doctor Mouldcure can remove that embarrassing bacteria from your house, in a way that is fast, easy and effective. 

Back to Blog